Re: [HACKERS] Removal of plaintext password type references - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Removal of plaintext password type references
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 2:37 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> I still don't think this worth it to change the hook function's signature
> for this. Even though it's not a big deal for external modules to adapt,
> it's not zero effort either. And it's not that much nicer to us.

I favor committing the proposed patch.  Otherwise, it just becomes
pointless baggage that we carry forever.

Anyone else want to vote?  So far I count 3-1 in favor of making this change.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company