Re: Cannot build JDBC driver for PostgreSQL 7.12 on NT - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Subject Re: Cannot build JDBC driver for PostgreSQL 7.12 on NT
Date
Re: Cannot build JDBC driver for PostgreSQL 7.12 on NT
List pgsql-cygwin
[...]
> > Sorry, but I have no idea why you are having build problems but the
> > following in Driver.java is very suspicious:
> >
> >     [javac] C:\postgresql-7.1.2\src\interfaces\jdbc\org\postgresql\Driver.java:
> > 99: ';' expected
> >     [javac]     return ${major};
> >     [javac]             ^
> >     [javac] C:\postgresql-7.1.2\src\interfaces\jdbc\org\postgresql\Driver.java:
> > 09: ';' expected
> >     [javac]     return ${minor};

I had the same problem when tested the the .jar creation under cygwin.

It seems that the source tree comes with a Driver.java included, which has those statements (magically inserted :). A
"makeclean" followed by a "make" in src/interfaces/jdbc, solves this error, because in org/postgresql exists a
Driver.java.in,which generates the real Driver.java an actual build needs.

The presence of the original Driver.java prevents this generation, leading to the above problem.

Regards,

                           SLao