Re: Fwd: building the client libraries with gcc? - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: Fwd: building the client libraries with gcc?
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Jerry,

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 02:28:20PM -0700, Jerry Asher wrote:
> > > Let's say that in the very long run, I convert the pg client libs back
> > > to a cygwin/gcc/make compatible format.  Where should I go to contribute
> > > that back?
> >
> >Why are you asking me the above?  This kind of question is much more
> >appropriate for one of the PostgreSQL mailing lists.
>
> Um, but I thought this was a postgres mailing list....

The above was originally sent to me via private email -- it was not
posted to the list.

> Okay, so I'm wearing my moron hat for the next three hours.  I read the
> client lib instructions (in doc/src/sgml/install-win32.sgml) that basically
> say that client libs require VC++ to build, and I left it at that, and
> didn't check the directory to find the obvious Makefile.

I'm glad that you finally found for what you were looking.  And, it was
right there on your disk all along. :,)

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235