Re: APEX / HTML DB for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From justin tocci
Subject Re: APEX / HTML DB for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Il giorno 24/feb/08, alle ore 04:53, justin tocci ha scritto:

> In its most basic form a great tool would just start as a pl/pgsql
> or pl/perl function that could be used to call a table and have it
> output a batch of records to an editable html form or a colored pdf
> for nice reports. There would need to be some kind of interface for
> Apaché of course.
I guess the XML functions of 8.3 + an XSL stylesheet should do the
job... my 2 cents,
e.

I'll take a look at them. Anyone have a recommendation for a CGI
interface? I've thought about it enough to want to try it. I don't
really know how APEX / HTML DB work so I'm open to suggestions. I can
either put the controller in a perl module and send intelligent
requests for formatted pages to postgres or I could attempt to put a
controller into pl/pgsql.

It is amazing to me that a similar project doesn't already exist. I am
still looking though. I think many people have written functions that
output tables into formatted html, Excel and pdf formats.

Regards,

Justin Tocci
www.unirev.com
7813 Harwood Road