Re: PostgreSQL 11 Press Release Feedback - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 11 Press Release Feedback
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Sarah,

On Aug 22, 2018, at 11:55 AM, Sarah Schnurr <xenophenes42@gmail.com> wrote:

Overall, the post is phrased and written extremely well. It is very informative and concise.

Thank you!

With that said, there are three minor typos that I caught on a quick read-through:

Period is on a different line.

  40 to the correct partition if the partition key for that row is updated
  41 .

I believe it should be "to enable" here.

  91 To take advantage of JIT compilation, you will need to install the LLVM
  92 dependencies enable JIT compilation in either your PostgreSQL settings file by
  93 setting `jit = on` or from your PostgreSQL session by executing `SET jit = on`.

Additional functionality*.

 108 - Additional functionally for working with window functions, including allowing
 109 `RANGE` to use `PRECEDING`/`FOLLOWING`, `GROUPS`, and frame exclusion

Hopefully this helps!

Thank you, that was indeed very helpful and what we’re looking for in
this process. I’ve gone ahead and pushed those fixes.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Attachment