Re: psqlODBC 09.05.0300 (x86) - problem with SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: psqlODBC 09.05.0300 (x86) - problem with SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT
Date
List pgsql-odbc
> From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Jan-Peter Seifert
> > No, SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT is off by default.
>
> How would you set it then - via connect settings?

psqlODBC follows the ODBC standard; i.e. the function call SQLSetStmtAttr(SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT, timeout_seconds) does
that. psqlODBC also allows setting with SQLSetConnectAttr().  ADO's CommandTimeout uses these functions behind the
scenes.

> > I've just confirmed that "SET statement_timeout" is not issued when I
> executed "SELECT pg_sleep(60);" with isql command of the unixODBC.  In
> addition, SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT just terminates the query, retaining the
> database connection.  Your message seems to show that the connection was
> terminated.
>
> You are right. It seems that there was a network problem when I tried the
> update before. It completed using v9.5.300 without problems.

I'm relieved to hear that.

> > Could you show the mylog output?
>
> I have the mylog output. However, there was another problem. When using
> 9.5.300 all the the check boxes for the logs were disabled (greyed out)
> - even when creating a new ODBC DSN. When using 9.3.400 everything is okay.

I've just reproduced the grey-out phenomenon, too.  It doesn't happen with at least 09.05.0100.  Having a quick look at
thediff between 09.05.0100 and 09.05.0300, I couldn't find any suspicious modification.  I'd like to ask for help from
otherdevelopers.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa