Latest marketing material, flyers, etc - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Riaan Stander
Subject Latest marketing material, flyers, etc
Date
Re: Latest marketing material, flyers, etc  ("Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth" <gunnar.bluth.extern@elster.de>)
List pgsql-advocacy

Good day

I’m leading the charge in our company to change our software product from SQL Server to PostgreSQL.

Our reasons are as follows:

Cost: To use our product our self-hosted clients need to have SQL Server installed. None of them can afford the cost of Enterprise edition, limiting our ability to offer high availability solutions.

Agility: When we want to use features in newer version of SQL Server we are in effect forcing our clients to upgrade, at their cost, to the latest version. This obviously does not go down well, limiting our ability to move forward.

Our own hosting cost: Even for ourselves paying for SQL Server Enterprise in order to offer high availability is not a option.

Given the above I’m proposing our company drop SQL Server and move over to PostgreSQL. Apart from technical features, which we are testing, business needs convincing to move away from something they know to something new.

Can you point me to any marketing material, facts, use cases, white papers that can help state my business case.

Regards

Riaan