Re: BDR Cluster vs DB Config - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: BDR Cluster vs DB Config
Date
List pgsql-general
El 20/07/16 a las 20:06, Jonathan Eastgate escribió:

> I assume that once BDR is enabled on a database that any additional
> schemas added post config are automatically included in BDR replication?

All DDLs (CREATE SCHEMA ...) will be replicated to the other nodes, but
if you are asking if the data from newly created tables will
automatically start replicating, that depends on how you initially
configured your replication sets.

The short answer is, the default is to replicate all tables, new ones
included.

But if you plan on doing selective replication by creating a replication
set and adding tables there, then it's on you to add or not the new
tables to that set.

> And so you see any issues having potentially 200 schemas within the DB -
> performance or replication wise?

I don't see any possible performance degradation just for having the
tables spread in different schemata.

There will be one walsender for each downstream node, and one apply
worker for each upstream node, so you literally cut down to 1/200 the
amount of replication slots and replication connections on each node.
That's a huge performance win, particularly on 9.4.

Regards,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/