Re: Autoconf code - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Autoconf code
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Yes, this is similar to what I do with psqlODBC.

I've put the source files in CVS now and removed configure and the old
Makefile. Thanks again Adam.

> Also, I'd like to contribute more substantially to the
> project.  Since I
> have gotten rid of my last Windows box, anything on the Linux/Mac OS
> development side I can contribute to.

Yeah, that'd be great. Of course there are enhancements to the build
system to allow that static/dynamic linking options as we discussed, as
well as the install target that Andreas mentioned.

If your C++ is good, then before release we need to merge Keith's Query
Builder (from the context menu) and Andreas' Query Tool (from the SQL
button). There are 2 things to do here:

1) Update the QB to use Andreas' threaded query/results results grid
code from the QT.

2) On the QB there is a view menu. The idea is that there should be an
identical menu on the Query Tool and the user be able to select the
query tool they prefer. The Query Build option on the context menu, and
the SQL button on the main form will both take on the same function and
fire off whichever was the previously used query tool.

Cheers, Dave.