Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sven R. Kunze
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10.05.2017 17:59, Robert Haas wrote:
Well, I don't think it would be a HUGE problem, but I think the fact
that Amit chose to implement this with syntax similar to that of
Oracle is probably not a coincidence, but rather a goal, and I think
the readability problem that you're worrying about is really pretty
minor.  I think most people aren't going to subpartition their default
partition, and I think those who do will probably find the syntax
clear enough anyway.

I agree here.

Optional keywords may not be the root of ALL evil, but they're pretty
evil.  See my posting earlier on this same thread on this topic:

http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoZGHgd3vKZvyQ1Qx3e0L3n=voxY57mz9TTncVET-aLK2A@mail.gmail.com

The issues here are more or less the same.

Ah, I see. I didn't draw the conclusion from the optionality of a keyword the other day but after re-reading your post, it's exactly the same issue.
Let's avoid optional keywords!

Sven