RE: Oracle to PostgreSQL help: What is (+) in Oracle select? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Davis
Subject RE: Oracle to PostgreSQL help: What is (+) in Oracle select?
Date
List pgsql-sql
This is Oracle's syntax for an outer join.  Try this in PostgreSQL

SELECT o.* from one o LEFT JOIN two t ON o.key = t.key;

-----Original Message-----
From:    Christopher Audley [SMTP:Christopher.D.Audley@jhu.edu]
Sent:    Friday, March 16, 2001 3:57 PM
To:    pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject:    Oracle to PostgreSQL help:  What is (+) in Oracle select?

I'm trying to modify an application which runs on Oracle to run against
PostgreSQL.  I'm currently stuck on a query that I can't recognize, it
doesn't look like standard SQL.

A select is done across two tables, however when joining the foreign
key, the right hand side of the equallity has (+) appended

SELECT o.* from one o, two t where o.key = t.key(+)

Does anyone know what this does and how I can reproduce the select in
PostgreSQL?

Thanks
Chris