Re: Why Not MySQL? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Re: Why Not MySQL?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I was just playing with some of the suggested lower() indexes and ran into a
bit of trouble, it's no doubt from my lack of understanding but still, I
wanted to ask..

Do dum :

ipa=# create index applicants_firstname on applicants(lower(firstname));
ERROR:  DefineIndex: function 'lower(varchar)' does not exist

...that syntax is right, isn't it?

Thanks!

- Mitch