Re: New RPMS ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: New RPMS ?
Date
Re: New RPMS ?  ("Brent R. Matzelle" <bmatzelle@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Monday 20 August 2001 18:09, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> > I am not talking just about PostgreSQL now. It is not nice to provide
> > support for a number of customers without Unix and Linux culture and
> > having to recompile everything from sources. :-(

> If you want newer packages, get Red Hat Linux 7.1.

For some folks with older machines, 6.2 is as high as it goes.  Ever install
7.1 on a 486?  This fellow is in Brazil -- and may not have even a Pentium,
for all we know.

PostgreSQL 7.1.x, for the record, runs (well, it jogs at least) on even an
old 486DX4-100 I had RH 6.2 installed on (48MB RAM). (That machine went on
the mission field....)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio