Re: Add table access method as an option to pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Zhang
Subject Re: Add table access method as an option to pgbench
Date
Re: Add table access method as an option to pgbench  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
Thank a lot for your comments, Michael.

On 2020-11-24 7:41 p.m., Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 03:32:38PM -0800, David Zhang wrote:
>> But, providing another option for the end user may not be a bad idea, and it
>> might make the tests easier at some points.
> My first thought is that we have no need to complicate pgbench with
> this option because there is a GUC able to do that, but we do that for
> tablespaces, so...  No objections from here.
>
>> The attached file is quick patch for this.
>>
>> Thoughts?
> This patch does not apply on HEAD, where you can just use
> appendPQExpBuffer() to append the new clause to the CREATE TABLE
> query.  This needs proper documentation.
The previous patch was based on branch "REL_13_STABLE". Now, the
attached new patch v2 is based on master branch. I followed the new code
structure using appendPQExpBuffer to append the new clause "using
TABLEAM" in a proper position and tested. In the meantime, I also
updated the pgbench.sqml file to reflect the changes.
--
David

Software Engineer
Highgo Software Inc. (Canada)