Re: Search function - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Derrick Betts
Subject Re: Search function
Date
List pgsql-novice
I have built search functions for web pages that build the SQL string
dynamically and return the result from a function through a result set.  For
example, your form may have three input fields with several "options" the
user can search with:  Date_To: (an input field) Date From: (an input field)
Destination: (a drop down list with airport codes).

Your SQL would look like:  "SELECT * FROM table WHERE date1 >=
Date_To_variable_from_the_form AND date2 <= Date_From_variable_from_the_form
AND destination = Destination_from_the_form.

You would then execute the statement and return the results to your
application.

Is this what you were looking for?

Derrick