Seeking advice on database table design for storing images - Mailing list pgsql-general

From chris.gamble@CPBINC.com
Subject Seeking advice on database table design for storing images
Date
Re: Seeking advice on database table design for storing images  (Dennis Gearon <gearond@cvc.net>)
List pgsql-general
I am working on an application that will store images with every product
ordered from a given company. Doing this type of application on other
databases, I have always been told to use a seperate table for the image
store. Doing this has given me the table designs listed below. My question
is: Is it within the design of postgres 7.3 to store 30k to 1mb images in a
bytea field, and if so can the two tables below be joined into a single
table without suffering adverse effects?

TABLE - tdatInvoiceLineItems
invoiceid   int8
productid  int4
quantityordered  int4