Connecting to PostgreSQL via web - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Agrawal, Manish
Subject Connecting to PostgreSQL via web
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Thanks much Jason.

I am trying to connect to the pgsql database from a jsp application. The
database, webserver and the application are all running locally.

The problem is that I am able to read data from the database successfully
but am not able to write to it. I also don't get any SQLException message. I
simply get a blank page. The connection is opened using:

Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:PostgreSQL_test",
"Administrator", "<pwd>");        // PostgreSQL_test is the user DSN

The statement creating the problem is:
rs.updateString("middle_name", "Joe");

I am able to successfully edit fields using pgAdmin though. Also, String
strTemp = rs.getString("first_name"); works fine.

Would appreciate help. My system information is:
Windows 2000
Sun ONE Community edition IDE
Netscape 7.0 eternal browser
Field middle_name is VARCHAR 255