Latest cygwin always crashing with Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Seth Rubin
Subject Latest cygwin always crashing with Postgres
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
"Owner" is an administrator.

postmaster's failing because GetRawDatabaseInfo can't find a database named
"Owner" (which is my username).  It only finds databases named "template1"
and "template0".  Could this be a problem with initdb?  I.e. was initdb
supposed to store a database matching my username?

Also, when not running in debug, postmaster crashes after reporting the
error.  Sadly, the crash does not occur when running within gdb.

-- Seth

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-cygwin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-cygwin-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Jason Tishler
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 4:15 PM
To: Seth Rubin
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin
Subject: Re: FW: FW: FW: [CYGWIN] Latest cygwin always crashing with
Postgres

Seth,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 02:27:52PM -0500, Seth Rubin wrote:
> Here's what's happening when postmaster runs:
> - ...basic initialization...
> - InitPostgres( "Owner", "Owner" )
> -    SetDatabaseName( "Owner" )
> -    GetRawDatabaseInfo is called to locate database "Owner" 's OID
> -       It fails, because it only finds "template1" and "template0"
> databases respectively
> -    InitPostgres raises FATAL error and exits

I will offer one more suggestion before bowing out to other XP (Home)
users who should be able to help better than I can.

One XP Home user noted that the user running postmaster as a service
must be an "administrative" user and not a "guest" user.  Is "Owner" an
"administrative" user?  If not, then make it so and try again.

I'm sorry that I cannot be of more help, but I have no access to XP.

Can a XP (Home) user help out Seth here?

Thanks,
Jason