Re: Errors with pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bryan White
Subject Re: Errors with pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general

> I would like to move some data from an older installation of PostgreSQL to
> a newer.  When doing
> "pg_dump persondb > db.out" I get the following error message:
>
> "dumpSequence(person_sek): 0 (!=1) tuples returned by SELECT"
>
> The "person_sek" is a sequence in the database.

I believe sequences are implemented as a separate with one row that contains
the sequence parameters and state.  It looks like somehow that one row has
been deleted and pg_dump expects it to be there.

Is this sequence being used by your program and is it functioning correctly?
Can you do a select nextval('person_sek')?

If you need the sequence and you know what its current value and other
parameters should be then I suggest droping and recreating the sequence.