Re: image storing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Hoffmann
Subject Re: image storing
Date
List pgsql-general
Brook Milligan wrote:

>    But I think that hyperlinks would be a good addition to data types
>    repertoire to pgsql.
>
> And how would the behavior of such a datatype differ from, for
> example, a text datatype?  My interpretation would be that if the
> consumer of the data wants to display it as a hyperlink, fine, but
> that that is the job of the application not the database.  Am I
> missing something?

there are a bunch of data types like this that might be interesting to
some people.  some of the reasons that you might want a data type like
this are verification that a URL is valid and the ability to search the
URL's by hostname, protocol, etc.  i can't say that i'd be that
interested in it, but that shouldn't stop somebody from thinking about
doing something like this.

--

Jeff Hoffmann
PropertyKey.com