Re: Errors with pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Errors with pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
asbjs@stud.ntnu.no writes:
> I would like to move some data from an older installation of PostgreSQL to
> a newer.  When doing
> "pg_dump persondb > db.out" I get the following error message:
> "dumpSequence(person_sek): 0 (!=1) tuples returned by SELECT"
> The "person_sek" is a sequence in the database.
> The version of PostgreSQL in question is 6.3.2,

Hmm.  Does the sequence still work (can you do SELECT nextval('person_sek'))?

Not sure why the dump attempt would be failing, and 6.3.2 is far enough
back that digging for bugs in it isn't very appealing.  I'd suggest just
looking for a work-around instead of a real solution.

You could probably just drop and recreate the sequence before running
pg_dump, being careful to set the new sequence's initial value to
whatever its current value is.

            regards, tom lane