Re: user/group creation privileges - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: user/group creation privileges
Date
List pgsql-general
From: "Martin A. Marques" <martin@math.unl.edu.ar>

> I have a special question.
> I'm about to make a system that is going to have several users are going
to load
> data with a web interface. This users are gonna be on a special group that
will
> have privileges on the database.
> Now, I want to have on (or more) users to be able to create new users, put
them
> in this group and give them privileges to modify the database structure
(SELECT,
> INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE).
> How can I do this last part? I didn't find much on the GRANT manual.
>
> Saludos... :-)

When you run the "createuser" command-line program you can select many of
these permissions. I would be tempted to have one administration user
defined in PG that can do all of this, then define a separate admin section
of the website that is only accessible to the users you want.

This gives you more precise control over which users can do what.

- Richard Huxton