Re: user/group creation privileges - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin A. Marques
Subject Re: user/group creation privileges
Date
List pgsql-general
Mensaje citado por: Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>:

> When you run the "createuser" command-line program you can select many
> of
> these permissions. I would be tempted to have one administration user
> defined in PG that can do all of this, then define a separate admin
> section
> of the website that is only accessible to the users you want.
>
> This gives you more precise control over which users can do what.

Yes, but what I want is a user that can only create users with previliges on a
determinated group.
But as my app. is gonna work with the web, I guess they can't do anything the
the client I'm building will let them do.

Thanks anyway.... :-)

System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.
Martín Marqués                  email:  martin@math.unl.edu.ar
Santa Fe - Argentina            http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar