why there's only char type? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Daniel
Subject why there's only char type?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Last week I got PostgreSQL 6.3.x running with -i switch and then created a
test database. On Win95 end, postODBC was installed and my PowerBuilder
could connect to the database. Then I tried to transfer the data from Sybase
SQL Anywhere to Postgres via Powerbuilder's pipeline mechanism. In
Powerbuilder I did notice that there were some unfamiliar database type in
Postgres such as INT4 to represent Sybase's INTEGER type and got me really
excited. However I couldnt create anything in Postgres because I forgot to
uncheck the "read-only" option when i setup the odbc connection, but that's
different story.

After coming back from weekend, I tried to do the transfer of data again,
and I did make sure the "read-only" option has been unchecked. But right now
I encounter a new problem: I found that I could no longer see other data
type in Postgres except CHAR. I've tried all the possible setting in odbc
connection but it still doesn't help. What seems to be the problem? Please
help.

Daniel