Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Query performance - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Postgres mailing lists
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Query performance
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
>At 11:07 +0200 on 18/03/1999, Peter Mount wrote:
>

>> The delay is because the driver currently retrieves the entire result
>> into a Vector() before returning the ResultSet.
>
>Couldn't it also be because of Java's usage of network sockets compared to
>psql's use of unix sockets?

You know, I also noticed that it is the postgres back-end process which is
using all the CPU time during the query. Doesn't sound like Vector
operations to me, which should cause the java process to eat all the CPU
time.
Rich.