Re: Pg_dumpall problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew Lunnon
Subject Re: Pg_dumpall problem
Date
List pgsql-general

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 12:34 AM
Subject: [GENERAL] Pg_dumpall problem

Did a pg_dumpall from my production database (7.3.2) and I tried to restore
to my Dev database (7.4).  I receive a data exception error during the
import and was stupid enough not to write it down.   Is there a log some
place I can look to see what the error was?
Also, what does one do when the dump file over 5 gigs? How can I possibly
correct whatever error is ocurring?
Depending what the error is sed is a wonderful tool for editing large files.

Matthew