Re: "Transaction over connections" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: "Transaction over connections"
Date
List pgsql-general
Lada 'Ray' Lostak wrote:
>>You can add an attribute "work-in-progress" to your tables. Then
>>set up views that filter out rows with work-in-progress=true.
>>Your production client then needs to be modified to look at
>>those views instead of the tables.
>
> I also though about this, but what about performance ? I have hundreds
> tables. Anyone have experimence withs TONS of views ?
>
> Is it possible to setup 'view' on whole database ? Or a 'part' of DB ? Same
> expression for all/setof tables.

how about all non-approved product goes to a in development schema and all
approved products are moved to production schema when approved.

Sure it means lot more than mainening single column but development schema would
be as slim as productio and further more it is totally invisible from client side.

Just set the schema search pats correctly.

HTH..

  Shridhar