Re: Postgres User and Password - Mailing list pgsql-general

From A_Schnabel@t-online.de (Andre Schnabel)
Subject Re: Postgres User and Password
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

to me it doesn't like a problem of Postgres.
My first guess is, you typed the password wrong. So try another password for
postgres.

But maybe, it's a misconfiguration of your linux box.
Try logging in as root, then su to postgres (without passwordprompt) an then
su to bob.
You should be askef for bob's password. If su to bob fails with the same
error (invalid password) although you typed the right one, it's a problem of
your linux system.

CU,
Andre