Re: Postgres User and Password - Mailing list pgsql-general

From markMLl.pgsql-general@telemetry.co.uk
Subject Re: Postgres User and Password
Date
List pgsql-general
Andre Schnabel wrote:

> to me it doesn't like a problem of Postgres.
> My first guess is, you typed the password wrong. So try another password for
> postgres.

One thing I would say is that I find pg very particular as regards case.
I now keep all user, table etc. names lower-case (even if the
corresponding "real" user name includes caps). The impression I get is
that the server is flattening user names to lower case.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

[Opinions above are the author's, not those of his employers or
colleagues]