create function .... return record - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Mulcahy
Subject create function .... return record
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings:

I am attempting to create a function that returns a record.  I have two
problems, one is that Postgresql does not recognize the return type
record.  How do I set this up?

The second issue I'm having is that I've found plenty of examples to do
a 'select into recReturn * from theTable' but I want to have two select
statements stuffing info into my record.

Maybe I'm not even coming up with the right solution.  I'm trying to
create a function that returns two or more values.  What is the best way
to do that?

Thanks
Chris (relativly new to PgSQL, but not new to SQL)