Re: [GENERAL] postmaster(server) and psql(client) question. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sergei Chernev
Subject Re: [GENERAL] postmaster(server) and psql(client) question.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
> I have two machines; one is server, another is client.
> I run postmaster on server, could I run psql on client?
> If I can, would anyone tell me how to do, thanks.

You have to run postmaster with -i key, to allow tcp connections and
edit pg_hba.conf file to allow your client machine to connect (this file is
well commented).
On client machine, start psql -h server.name -u database
Sergei Chernev
Internet: ser@nsu.ru
Phone: +7-3832-397354