Re: message type 0x44 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Hari Bhanujan
Subject Re: message type 0x44
Date
List pgsql-novice
Try the same command from the folder in which the data is stored.

What is the storage folder when you created the database using initdb
command?

Also, place the path to pgsql commands in the .bash or .bash_profile
file..

See if that works.

Hari

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Neil
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 10:13 PM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] message type 0x44

Hi

I have been trawling  the archives but have not what I am after with
regards to the message below.

from pg_dump -d ourdb > quick-backup-dec7.db

I eventuate with the following

$ pg_dump: message type 0x44 arrived from server while idle
$ pg_dump: dumpClasses(): SQL command failed
$pg_dump: Error message from server: server closed the connection
unexpectedly
         before or while processing the request.
$ pg_dump: The command was: FETCH 100 FROM _pg_dump_cursor

Not quite sure what it all means, DB seems to be functioning OK but I am

not convinced I am dumping all the I am expecting to.

Any pointers/clues would be great

The PSQL Version 7.2, yes, old I know, just not feasible to upgrade just

yet, inherited this and have a bit to learn. Also there is no syslog
logging at present, all goes to console at the moment, however there
seems
to be no log messages with this.

TIA

Neil

TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if
your
      joining column's datatypes do not match