A celebrity among us :-) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject A celebrity among us :-)
Date
Re: A celebrity among us :-)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Well, at the risk of embarrassing our esteemed Bug Fixer Extraordinaire, after
verifying that it is, indeed, the same man, Kudos to the 7th most prolific
open-source author in the world THOMAS G LANE!!!

http://orbiten.org/ofss/01.html for reference.

Good for grins, if nothing else.  I think they are counting by actual bytes of
source code contributed (however they measure that -- probably, in most cases,
by copyright notices.).  In any case, hoorays for Tom Lane (and for the rest of
the Free Software community).  It is unfortunate, however, that the PostgreSQL
project isn't counted amongst his contributees.

(Tom, yes I _did_ have to do that... :-) :-) ).

Of course, that is not meant to belittle anyone at all.... as all the
developers here have contributed valuable features and fixes to the best Free
RDBMS around.  (InterBase is not likely to ever be 'Free' in that 'Free
Software' sense of the word -- open source does not mean 'Free!')

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio