Error in ECPG and #if... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Pavel PaJaSoft Janousek
Subject Error in ECPG and #if...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
    Hi all,

    I use ECPG distributed with PostgreSQL 6.4.2. and I found next
error..:-(

    ECPG don't know C/C++ preprocessing directives such as #if, #ifdef
etc...

I try this:

..
15. #if 0
16. exec sql select count (*) from
17. exec sql commit;
18. #endif

    In this ECPG  say: parse error on line 16.

    But when I use this:
15. // exec sql select count (*) from
16. // exec sql commit;

    ECPG parse this correctly...

    I think, that this is wrong, that ECPG use as comment only /* and //
comment. Construction such as #if 0 is very common way to disable some
source and enable this later... - mainly in debugging proces, of cource.

    Or do I something wrong?

    Thanks...

Pavel Janousek (PaJaSoft)                              FoNet, spol. s r. o.
Vyvoj software, sprava siti, Unix, Web, Y2K          Anenska 11, 602 00
Brno
E-mail: mailto:Janousek@FoNet.Cz                     Tel.: +420  5  4324
4749
SMS:    mailto:P.Janousek@SMS.Paegas.Cz              Fax.: +420  5  4324