ecpg cursors and scope - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Dave Broudy
Subject ecpg cursors and scope
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I have two senarios about scoping and ecpg's parsing of cursor
declarations:

A) In seperate functions:

func1() {
  exec sql declare test_cur for ...
}
func2() {
  exec sql declare test_cur for ... /* same or different sql */
}

B) In an if:

if(...) {
  exec sql declare test_cur for ...
} else {
  exec sql declare test_cur for ... /* same or different sql */
}

These both yield "cursor test_cur already defined"

Is this by design? I seem to remember it working under 6.3.2, and this is
under 6.4.2

If I knew lex/yacc, I'd make an effort at a patch, alas my compilers class
of a few years ago made us parse the old fashioned way :) Does anyone know
of a work-around?

Thanks,

Dave Broudy             dave@broudy.net