Re: [INTERFACES] Error in ECPG and #if... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Error in ECPG and #if...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> ECPG don't know C/C++ preprocessing directives such as #if, #ifdef
> etc...
>     I think, that this is wrong, that ECPG use as comment only /* and //
> comment. Construction such as #if 0 is very common way to disable some
> source and enable this later... - mainly in debugging proces, of cource.

... but this is not common for ESQL preprocessors. The problem is that
the preprocessor runs before the C/C++ preprocessor, which is the step
which actually handles the #if constructs. ecpg has no knowledge of
those constructs. Remember that to do those correctly one must also
resolve all other preprocessor kinds of things, like #include
directives.

                       - Tom

South Pasadena, California