Re: Problem with initdb failing - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Paul R. Sand
Subject Re: Problem with initdb failing
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Jason,

Yes, this solves the problem. I am up and running with the basic
installation.

Now with the NT services installation I get stuck when starting ipc-daemon2
(cygrunsrv -S ipc-daemon2) I get the following error:

cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

Cygrunsrv -Q ipc-deamon2 yields the following:

Service ipc-daemon2 exists
Type                : Own Process
Current State       : Stopped
Controls Accepted   :

Regards,

Paul

paul_sand@mverify3 ~
$ ipc-daemon2 --install-as-service

paul_sand@mverify3 ~
$ #postgres already created and has "log on as service" user rights

paul_sand@mverify3 ~
$ cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster --args "-D
/usr/AMATE/database -i" --dep ipc-daemon2 --termsig INT --user postgres
--shutdown
Enter password of user `MVERIFY3\postgres':
Reenter, please:

paul_sand@mverify3 ~
$ #data directory exits and is owned by postgres

paul_sand@mverify3 ~
$ ls -l /usr/AMATE/
total 0
drwx------+   6 paul_san mkgroup-        0 Oct 31 10:27 data
drwx------+   6 paul_san mkgroup-        0 Oct 31 09:10 data2
drwx------+   6 paul_san mkgroup-        0 Oct 31 09:21 data3
drwx------+   6 paul_san mkgroup-        0 Oct 31 09:26 data4
drwx------+   6 paul_san mkgroup-        0 Oct 31 09:32 data5
drwx------+   6 paul_san mkgroup-        0 Oct 31 09:35 data6
drwx------+   6 paul_san mkgroup-        0 Oct 31 10:33 data7
drwxr-xr-x+   2 postgres mkgroup-        0 Oct 31 10:04 database

paul_sand@mverify3 ~
$ cygrunsrv -S ipc-daemon2

$