RE: [GENERAL] Re: pgsql-general-digest V1 #614 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vince DiCiero
Subject RE: [GENERAL] Re: pgsql-general-digest V1 #614
Date
List pgsql-general
When Postgres stopped running abnormaly, it didnt remove the file
/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

When you start Postgres it checks to see if this file exists.
If it finds it, it asks you to verify that postgres is not already running
If it is not, delete the file

 Is another postmaster already running on that port?
 If not, remove socket node (/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432) and retry.

rm /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

Vince