Re: pgsql-general-digest V1 #614 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Manuel Cabido
Subject Re: pgsql-general-digest V1 #614
Date
List pgsql-general
Sir,

   I encountered a problem when my postgres 6.5.3 stop running. I
attempted to run the postmaster but an error was displayed on my screen
which goes like this:

[root@hindang bin]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql restart
Stopping postgresql service:                                     [FAILED]
Checking postgresql installation: looks good!
Starting postgresql service: FATAL: StreamServerPort: bind() failed:
Permission
 Is another postmaster already running on that port?
 If not, remove socket node (/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432) and retry.
/usr/bin/postmaster: cannot create UNIX stream port
failed.

   I would appreciate it very much if you can help me fix this problem.

                              Manny C. Cabido
                              e-mail:manny@tinago.msuiit.edu.ph
                                     manny@sun.msuiit.edu.ph