RE : Is the use of array as PL/PGSQL function arguments ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno BAGUETTE
Subject RE : Is the use of array as PL/PGSQL function arguments ?
Date
List pgsql-general
> > CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION myownfunction(members.id%TYPE[],
> > events.id%TYPE) RETURNS BOOLEAN AS '
>
> You can certainly use arrays as arguments, but I don't think
> you can combine %TYPE with [] like that.

Thanks Tom for the information ! :-)

When I create functions with %TYPE, PostgreSQL replies that it will
convert the %TYPE with a VARCHAR (for example). So it could replace a
%TYPE[] by a VARCHAR[] (in my example) ?

It seems that this modification could be done easily, I will try to find
in the source code to create this patch. (Without any warranties, I
never done a patch for PostgreSQL).

In the meantime, is it possible to add this feature in the TODO list ?

Regards,

Bruno BAGUETTE - pgsql-ml@baguette.net