RE : full featured alter table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno BAGUETTE
Subject RE : full featured alter table?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello everybody,

> The one thing we don't have that I think would be useful is a
> way to re-order the columns in a table. Maybe it's just me,
> but I tend to want column to appear in a specific order, and
> the only way you can accomplish this today is by re-creating
> the entire table.

I agree with Jim, this would be a 'cool but not mandatory' feature ! :-)

This feature is not mandatory since I avoid the use SELECT * FROM...
(and I forbid the use of SELECT * to my subordinates).

But, it would be very nice to have the possibility order the different
columns of a table in PostgreSQL. Why ? For example, I use a
reverse-engineering tool that generate graphical database map but that
tool don't give me the possibility to change the display order... So,
this feature would be very nice ! :-)

Bruno BAGUETTE - pgsql-ml@baguette.net