is the oracle client supposed to be owned by postgres or root?

From
Henry Ashu
Date:
Please I want to migrate my Oracle database to Postgres, should the Oracle client be own by the postgres user or root user?

Thank you

Henry Ashu

Database Administrator
o: 503.672.5114 | f: 800.551.8821 | DAT.com

DAT Solutions    Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter  Connect with us on LinkedIn  Visit our YouTube Channel  Visit us on Instagram

Postgres  can take

Use EDB migration took kit, that will most of the work for you

Here is url go through it

https://www.enterprisedb.com/products/migration-toolkit-move-oracle-postgresql

Please I want to migrate my Oracle database to Postgres, should the Oracle client be own by the postgres user or root user?

Thank you

Henry Ashu

Database Administrator
o: 503.672.5114
| f: 800.551.8821 | DAT.com

DAT Solutions    Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter  Connect with us on LinkedIn  Visit our YouTube Channel  Visit us on Instagram

Re: is the oracle client supposed to be owned by postgres or root?

From
Muhammad Waqas
Date:
Oracle Binaries and Oracle Database file should by own by oracle user and oinstall group.

First you have to migrate objects from oracle to postgresql, In which you can use ora2pg tool.and then migrate data.

--
Muhammad Waqas
Senior Technical Support Engineer - Tech Support Center (Karachi)

Re: is the oracle client supposed to be owned by postgres or root?

From
Muhammad Ikram
Date:
Hi Henry Ashu,

 EDB migration toolkit is good for data objects when the target is community PostgreSQL. It won't be migrating code objects like procedures, packages, functions etc. For PostgreSQL target one may opt Ora2pg.
If your target is EDB Postgres then EDB Migration toolkit is good and even better is EDB's Migration Portal for schema migration, as it leverages to correct DDLs online and reassess if these fail after Assessment and conversion by Portal. Again for data you will have to use EDB Migration toolkit.

Regards,
Muhammad Ikram