Incremental load from SQL server DB to postgressql

From
Sabyasachi Mukherjee
Date:
Hello All,

I have to implement an incremental load from a SQL server DB to a postgresql DB. I would prefer it to be pull from postgres.
SSIS is not the preferred option. Can you please advise about the possibilities?

Sabyasachi Mukherjee

Re: Incremental load from SQL server DB to postgressql

From
Holger Jakobs
Date:
You could try to use BCP.exe for exporting from MS SQL to a flat file per table. Load into PG SQL Server with COPY or \copy (psql).

Using the TSQL foreign data wrapper to pull data over is another option. This FDW isn't very well maintained, though.

Regards
Holger

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach
Tel. +49 178 9759012

I have to implement an incremental load from a SQL server DB to a postgresql DB. I would prefer it to be pull from postgres.
SSIS is not the preferred option. Can you please advise about the possibilities?

Sabyasachi Mukherjee

Re: Incremental load from SQL server DB to postgressql

From
Wasim Devale
Date:
ADF Pipeline would be great for your need.

Thanks,
Wasim

I have to implement an incremental load from a SQL server DB to a postgresql DB. I would prefer it to be pull from postgres.
SSIS is not the preferred option. Can you please advise about the possibilities?

Sabyasachi Mukherjee

Re: Incremental load from SQL server DB to postgressql

From
Bo Victor Thomsen

You could use the the ogc_fdw foreign data wrapper.

It's a data wrapper for accessing spatial data using the GDAL library. But it works just fine with non-spatial data too, including MS-SqlServer. And it's well maintained.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Bo Victor Thomsen
You could try to use BCP.exe for exporting from MS SQL to a flat file per table. Load into PG SQL Server with COPY or \copy (psql).

Using the TSQL foreign data wrapper to pull data over is another option. This FDW isn't very well maintained, though.

Regards
Holger

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach
Tel. +49 178 9759012

I have to implement an incremental load from a SQL server DB to a postgresql DB. I would prefer it to be pull from postgres.
SSIS is not the preferred option. Can you please advise about the possibilities?

Sabyasachi Mukherjee

Re: Incremental load from SQL server DB to postgressql

From
Muhammad Usman Khan

You can use  pgloader. It is a powerful tool that can migrate data from SQL Server to PostgreSQL efficiently, and it supports incremental loads or the other option is to use file_fdw, it allows PostgreSQL to directly query flat files  as if they were tables, without importing the data into PostgreSQL. It can be useful if you can periodically export data from SQL Server into flat files and then query them from PostgreSQL.

I have to implement an incremental load from a SQL server DB to a postgresql DB. I would prefer it to be pull from postgres.
SSIS is not the preferred option. Can you please advise about the possibilities?

Sabyasachi Mukherjee

RE: Incremental load from SQL server DB to postgressql

Option  use ELT tool , if PostgreSQL in Azure use Azure Data Factory

Option 2 , write SQL statements to extract data in PostgreSQL format , load into PostgreSQL using \copy  command

If AWS use Schema Conversion Tool (SCT)  along with Database Migration Services (DMS)