Comment in portal.h

From
Etsuro Fujita
Date:
Hi,

I noticed $SUBJECT while working on something else:

    /*
     * Where we store tuples for a held cursor or a PORTAL_ONE_RETURNING or
     * PORTAL_UTIL_SELECT query.  (A cursor held past the end of its
     * transaction no longer has any active executor state.)
     */
    Tuplestorestate *holdStore; /* store for holdable cursors */
    MemoryContext holdContext;  /* memory containing holdStore */

We do that for PORTAL_ONE_MOD_WITH as well, so the comment should be
"Where we store tuples for a held cursor or a PORTAL_ONE_RETURNING,
PORTAL_ONE_MOD_WITH, or PORTAL_UTIL_SELECT query.".  Attached is a
patch for that.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment

Re: Comment in portal.h

From
Andy Fan
Date:
Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed $SUBJECT while working on something else:
>
>     /*
>      * Where we store tuples for a held cursor or a PORTAL_ONE_RETURNING or
>      * PORTAL_UTIL_SELECT query.  (A cursor held past the end of its
>      * transaction no longer has any active executor state.)
>      */
>     Tuplestorestate *holdStore; /* store for holdable cursors */
>     MemoryContext holdContext;  /* memory containing holdStore */
>
> We do that for PORTAL_ONE_MOD_WITH as well, so the comment should be
> "Where we store tuples for a held cursor or a PORTAL_ONE_RETURNING,
> PORTAL_ONE_MOD_WITH, or PORTAL_UTIL_SELECT query.".  Attached is a
> patch for that.

Patch looks good to me.

All the codes of PortalRun & FillPortalStore & PortalRunSelect are
consistent with this idea.

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan

Re: Comment in portal.h

From
Etsuro Fujita
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2024 at 8:55 AM Andy Fan <zhihuifan1213@163.com> wrote:
> Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> writes:
> > I noticed $SUBJECT while working on something else:
> >
> >     /*
> >      * Where we store tuples for a held cursor or a PORTAL_ONE_RETURNING or
> >      * PORTAL_UTIL_SELECT query.  (A cursor held past the end of its
> >      * transaction no longer has any active executor state.)
> >      */
> >     Tuplestorestate *holdStore; /* store for holdable cursors */
> >     MemoryContext holdContext;  /* memory containing holdStore */
> >
> > We do that for PORTAL_ONE_MOD_WITH as well, so the comment should be
> > "Where we store tuples for a held cursor or a PORTAL_ONE_RETURNING,
> > PORTAL_ONE_MOD_WITH, or PORTAL_UTIL_SELECT query.".  Attached is a
> > patch for that.
>
> Patch looks good to me.
>
> All the codes of PortalRun & FillPortalStore & PortalRunSelect are
> consistent with this idea.

Pushed.  Thanks for looking!

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita