Useless parameter 'cur_skey' in IndexScanOK

From
Hugo Zhang

The 'cur_skey' parameter in `IndexScanOK` funciton doesn't seem to be useful.

The function does not use cur_skey for any operation. Is there any other consideration

for retaining the cur_skey parameter here?

Best wishes

Hugo zhang

Re: Useless parameter 'cur_skey' in IndexScanOK

From
Aleksander Alekseev
Date:
Hi,

> The 'cur_skey' parameter in `IndexScanOK` funciton doesn't seem to be useful.

Good catch. As I understand it is not used for anything since
a78fcfb51243 (dated 2006) and this is a static function, so we
shouldn't worry about third-party extensions.

I wonder why none of the compilers complained about this.

Here is the patch.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

Attachment

Re: Useless parameter 'cur_skey' in IndexScanOK

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
> On 3 Jul 2024, at 15:41, Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander@timescale.com> wrote:
>> The 'cur_skey' parameter in `IndexScanOK` funciton doesn't seem to be useful.

> Good catch. As I understand it is not used for anything since
> a78fcfb51243 (dated 2006) and this is a static function, so we
> shouldn't worry about third-party extensions.

Agreed, it seems reasonable to clean this up.

> I wonder why none of the compilers complained about this.

Not to mention static analyzers.

--
Daniel Gustafsson