BUG #18494: hstore data type not recognized by Npgsql in PostgreSQL 16.3

From
PG Bug reporting form
Date:

Bug reference:      18494
Logged by:          baran kurtbogan
Email address:      barankurtbogan@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 16.3
Operating system:   macOS sonoma 14.5 (23F79)

Version:

PostgreSQL 16.3,
Npgsql.EntityFrameworkCore.PostgreSQL 7.0.4 ,
Entity Framework 7.0.8

Platform: Dotnet 7

I'm getting the following error when trying to work with an hstore data type
in PostgreSQL 16.3, while it was working fine in PostgreSQL 16.1:
The field 'xxx' has a type currently unknown to Npgsql (OID 17521). You can
retrieve it as a string by marking it as unknown, please see the FAQ.

Since the same operations were working in 16.1, I had to downgrade my
version from 16.3 to 16.1 to avoid this issue.
Data should be read and written without any issues using the hstore data
type.

This does not look like a PostgreSQL error message but instead a Npgsql error message (I cannot find something similar in PG 16.3 source code).

You should create an issue for Npgsql project: https://github.com/npgsql/npgsql/issues

Operating system:   macOS sonoma 14.5 (23F79)

Version:

PostgreSQL 16.3,
Npgsql.EntityFrameworkCore.PostgreSQL 7.0.4 ,
Entity Framework 7.0.8

Platform: Dotnet 7

I'm getting the following error when trying to work with an hstore data type
in PostgreSQL 16.3, while it was working fine in PostgreSQL 16.1:
The field 'xxx' has a type currently unknown to Npgsql (OID 17521). You can
retrieve it as a string by marking it as unknown, please see the FAQ.

Since the same operations were working in 16.1, I had to downgrade my
version from 16.3 to 16.1 to avoid this issue.
Data should be read and written without any issues using the hstore data
type.

Thank you for your answer.