Installing PostGreSQLon Redhat Linux - Help needed

From
Sendhu Sendhu
Date:
Hey,
I need some help installing and configuring PostGreSQL on Redhat Linux. We can't install from source as the Internet is unavailable. I have looked into download and manual install, but am having hard time finding the required RPMs' and instructions. Can someone please help ?

Re: Installing PostGreSQLon Redhat Linux - Help needed

From
Matti Linnanvuori
Date:
Hi!

Have you visited https://yum.postgresql.org/

Matti Linnanvuori
Support Engineer

logo

PORTALIFY
Upseerinkatu 1
FI-02600 Espoo | Finland
portalify.com
Phone +358 9 6227 9668
matti.linnanvuori@portalify.com

This information and any attachments are confidential and may solely be for the use of the intended recipient or entity whose address is listed above. If you have received this e-mail by error please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and any attachment from your system. Note that copying, retaining copies or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.

I need some help installing and configuring PostGreSQL on Redhat Linux. We can't install from source as the Internet is unavailable. I have looked into download and manual install, but am having hard time finding the required RPMs' and instructions. Can someone please help ?

Attachment

Re: Installing PostGreSQLon Redhat Linux - Help needed

From
Ron
Date:
I need some help installing and configuring PostGreSQL on Redhat Linux. We can't install from source as the Internet is unavailable. I have looked into download and manual install, but am having hard time finding the required RPMs' and instructions. Can someone please help ?

I had the same problem, so wrote this PowerShell script (that you will have to modify).

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.
Attachment

Re: Installing PostGreSQLon Redhat Linux - Help needed

From
Servet Kahraman Turan
Date:
Hi Sendhu,
You should use following link for PostgreSQL Rpm

Servet Kahraman TURAN
+905322106695

Gönderildi: Monday, March 27, 2023 7:32:13 PM
I need some help installing and configuring PostGreSQL on Redhat Linux. We can't install from source as the Internet is unavailable. I have looked into download and manual install, but am having hard time finding the required RPMs' and instructions. Can someone please help ?

Re: Installing PostGreSQLon Redhat Linux - Help needed

From
Sendhu Sendhu
Date:
Hi Servet,
Thanks for your response. Under the redhat directory, there are a few dozen files. Which ones are needed for installation?
Also, is there a step by step installation available?
Thanks again.

Date:
Thanks for your response. Under the redhat directory, there are a few dozen files. Which ones are needed for installation?
Also, is there a step by step installation available?

Once they're in their own Linux directory, simply "sudo yum install *rpm".

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

Re: Installing PostGreSQLon Redhat Linux - Help needed

From
Sendhu Sendhu
Date:
Assuming our Linux distribution is rhel-9.0-x86_64/, do I need to download all files and sub-dir and install them?

Thanks for your response. Under the redhat directory, there are a few dozen files. Which ones are needed for installation?
Also, is there a step by step installation available?

Once they're in their own Linux directory, simply "sudo yum install *rpm".

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

Re: Installing PostGreSQLon Redhat Linux - Help needed

From
Servet Kahraman Turan

Gönderildi: Monday, March 27, 2023 9:31:12 PM