CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY cannot be executed within a pipeline

From
Timur
Date:
Hi,

After the release of PostgreSQL 14.7 Liquibase started to fail with:

Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: ERROR: CREATE INDEX
CONCURRENTLY cannot be executed within a pipeline [Failed SQL:

There are no any updates to the Liquibase during last time. It uses
JDBC, not libpq, so don't know how its related to pipelines...

Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY cannot be executed within a pipeline

Date:
Timur <timur.luchkin@gmail.com> writes:
> After the release of PostgreSQL 14.7 Liquibase started to fail with:

> Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: ERROR: CREATE INDEX
> CONCURRENTLY cannot be executed within a pipeline [Failed SQL:

You need to report that to the Liquibase authors.  They're
trying to do something that's unsupported, but which we previously
failed to detect.  Basically: you can't do that in a pipeline
because there will already be an open transaction, which would
accidentally get committted by the CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY.

            regards, tom lane