Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY cannot be executed within a pipeline - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY cannot be executed within a pipeline
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Timur <timur.luchkin@gmail.com> writes:
> After the release of PostgreSQL 14.7 Liquibase started to fail with:

> Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: ERROR: CREATE INDEX
> CONCURRENTLY cannot be executed within a pipeline [Failed SQL:

You need to report that to the Liquibase authors.  They're
trying to do something that's unsupported, but which we previously
failed to detect.  Basically: you can't do that in a pipeline
because there will already be an open transaction, which would
accidentally get committted by the CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY.

            regards, tom lane