Avoid generating SSL certs for LDAP tests

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
We don't generate SSL certificates for running the SSL tests, but
instead use pregenerated certificates that are part of our source code.
This patch applies the same policy to the LDAP tests, and in fact simply
reuses certificates from the SSL test suite by copying them. It won't
save much but it should save a handful of cycles at run time.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment

Re: Avoid generating SSL certs for LDAP tests

Date:
> We don't generate SSL certificates for running the SSL tests, but
> instead use pregenerated certificates that are part of our source code.
> This patch applies the same policy to the LDAP tests, and in fact simply
> reuses certificates from the SSL test suite by copying them. It won't
> save much but it should save a handful of cycles at run time.

+1, but should there be a comment somewhere under test/ssl pointing
out this external use of the certs?

Also, I bet this needs some adjustment for VPATH builds.

            regards, tom lane

Date:
On 2022-12-19 Mo 10:25, Tom Lane wrote:
>> We don't generate SSL certificates for running the SSL tests, but
>> instead use pregenerated certificates that are part of our source code.
>> This patch applies the same policy to the LDAP tests, and in fact simply
>> reuses certificates from the SSL test suite by copying them. It won't
>> save much but it should save a handful of cycles at run time.
> +1, but should there be a comment somewhere under test/ssl pointing
> out this external use of the certs?

OK, I'll find a place to mention that.

> Also, I bet this needs some adjustment for VPATH builds.

I have tested it with both a make style vpath build and with meson - it
works fine.

cheers

andrew

--

Date:
On 2022-12-19 Mo 11:04, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 2022-12-19 Mo 10:25, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>> We don't generate SSL certificates for running the SSL tests, but
>>> instead use pregenerated certificates that are part of our source code.
>>> This patch applies the same policy to the LDAP tests, and in fact simply
>>> reuses certificates from the SSL test suite by copying them. It won't
>>> save much but it should save a handful of cycles at run time.
>> +1, but should there be a comment somewhere under test/ssl pointing
>> out this external use of the certs?
>
> OK, I'll find a place to mention that.

Done.

cheers